The My Library screen contains a list of the job descriptions contained in your library. It is also where you will do most of your work in the CBIZDescriptions™ system.
The main things you can do in the My Library screen include:
Find the title(s) you want quickly and easily:
- Clicking a column heading sorts the list based on the data in that particular column, such as sorting by job title or classification.
- Clicking the same column heading subsequent time(s) toggles sorting between ascending and descending order.
- Depending on your screen size and resolution, you will view available job titles in groups of titles that can fit on your screen. If you have more titles in your library that can fit on one screen, click the arrow buttons at the bottom of the list to move forward and backward through additional group(s) of available titles.
- Entering a keyword or multiple keywords in the Search box below the list filters the number of titles displayed. The keyword(s) you enter here will be used to find descriptions that match both job titles and classifications. For example, if you enter the word “transport”, you will be presented with a subset of the list that contains “transport” as part of the job title, as well as jobs that have “transport” as part of the classification.
- Search for a keyword by typing the desired keyword or phrase and then pressing the Enter key on your keyboard, or by clicking the magnifying glass icon next to the search box.
- Remove a keyword filter by clicking the X button next to the Search field, or by backspacing over the characters you typed and pressing the Enter key on your keyboard.
Advanced users: For even more search flexibility, you can indicate which column(s) you want to search by clicking the small down arrow next to the Search box and placing a check next to the desired column(s) to be searched. Un-check the columns that you don't want to be searched.
The search features can be especially helpful if you have a large number of job descriptions to look through, if you want to look for a job description that was last modified on a specific date, search by job code instead of job title, etc.
Typically, you will select a desired job description by left-clicking on it. The job description line you clicked will be highlighted with a bright yellow background to indicate that it has been selected.
From this point, you can make a selection from the Job Description main menu bar or by right-click on the selected job description entry to view a pop-up menu. Both of these menus allow you to perform the following actions to the selected job description:
Hot tip: Would you like a really easy way to keep up with a schedule for reviewing job descriptions in the future? For example, you might currently have (or want to implement) a rotating job description review every year. Or divide your job descriptions up into a rotating schedule so that you review them in rotating groups every two years, etc.
To use the reminder service, simply select the date that you want to review a job description in the "Remind me to update this job description on" field in the Additional Information section when you are updating a job description. CBIZDescriptions™ will send you an email reminder to review that job description on the date that you specify.
To learn more about the collaboration feature and how it works, click here.
Microsoft Word Document (.DOC)
Rich Text Format (.RTF)
Plain Text (.TXT)
Portable Document Format (.PDF)
OpenOffice Document (.ODT)
HyperText Markup Language (.HTML)
You can also select the desired delivery method, including having the document emailed to you or downloading it directly to your computer. The download method can be extremely handy because it can open the document directly into your word processor, for example.
The main menu bar is located to the upper right of the screen throughout CBIZDescriptions™. Although it appears in all of the CBIZDescriptions™ screens, all of the options are enabled and available when you are viewing the My Library screen. When you are viewing other screens, some of the options may be disabled, based on what makes sense for the functions that you can perform in screen that you are viewing.
Detailed descriptions for each of the main menu choices appear below.
If you are working in the My Library screen, clicking the My Library menu choice will refresh the list of job titles listed in your personal library. If you are viewing another screen within CBIZDescriptions™, clicking the My Library menu choice will take you to the My Library screen.
Clicking the Job Description menu displays a pull-down menu that enables you to perform operations on a currently selected job title in the My Library screen. This pull-down menu performs exactly the same functions as the pop-up menu that appears when you right-click a job in the list of job titles appearing in your personal library. Whether you use the Job Description pull-down menu from the main menu bar or the pop-up menu when right-clicking a job title is a matter of personal preference.
Main Menu: Tools & Utilities
Like the Job Description menu choice described above, the Tools & Utilities menu choice is enabled when you are working in the My Library screen. However, the Tools & Utilities menu does not perform operations on a specifically selected job title. Instead, the operations that you can perform from this menu are more general-purpose and allow you to do things such as add more titles to your library, view reports and manage your account.
The following describes each Tools & Utilities menu choice and what it does:
Create New Blank Job Description If you would rather create a completely new, blank job description instead of selecting a pre-populated one from the master library of choices, use this menu choice.
View Collaboration Status Details Subscribers can use this feature to view details related to collaboration requests that they have sent. For example, this allows you to view what requests were sent, when they were sent, who they were sent to, what automatic reminder options were selected, deadlines for completion of the requests, and status (such as partial completion, completion, etc.) For details about viewing collaboration status details, click here.
Clicking the Help menu choice will display the most appropriate help topic for what you are currently doing.
Depending on your Web browser and your browser options, the help screen will either open in a separate window or a separate tab so that you can easily switch back and forth between the help topic and your work.
This help screen and all online help content for CBIZDescriptions™ is copyrighted material.
Copyright © 2014 by CBIZ. All rights reserved.